Monday, October 15, 2007

October 15th, 2007

Monday, October 15th, 2007
Sent the following email to [dealership owner]:

[dealership owner]-
Further riding verifies the problem hasn't changed at all. One thing though- the fan does NOT cycle like before. It seems sporadic. Before it would cycle fine- needle would rise above face screw, fan would come on. Needle would drop below face screw to about 1/3 hot and fan would go off. Now it is lucky to run even when touching red zone.

Can you tell me what was done? If it was the temp sender, can I have the old one back? The temps I'm experiencing are no different according to the gauge than before, indicating there was no difference between the old and new senders. (I don't know if the sender controls the fan or just a signal to the gauge without looking at it further.) At this point the bike is more likely to heat up faster because the fan does not come on when it's supposed to. At least this is what I've observed. I'll let it cool down tonight to cold, then start it and see what the fan is doing that way.

Thanks again!


No comments: